The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program is a study of the utilization of computers and computer software to plan, install, customize, operate, manage, administer and maintain information technology infrastructure. It prepares students to be IT professionals well versed on application, installation, operation, development, maintenance and administration of IT hardware and software.
The program is designed to produce world-class IT professionals that is not only nationally accredited but also globally competitive and who will be professionally competent, morally upright, and socially responsible contributors to national development.
The curriculum is based on the standards set by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and is benchmarked from the curricula of leading academic institutions, national and international, offering similar IT programs and addresses the needs of the industry.
The courses in this program will be delivered through (a) interactive discussions in the classroom utilizing visual aids and other teaching materials to gain the knowledge and (b) laboratory classes to acquire the required skills and competencies.
Specifically, some of the teaching methodologies to be utilized are:
• Interactive lecture and discussion
• Problem solving
• Simulation (hands-on machine problems and exercises)
• Individualize learning
• On-the-job training
The program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Information Technology has the following objectives:
• To enable students to obtain a comprehensive knowledge and deep understanding of latest technology in information and communications.
• To prepare students to be well versed on application, installation, operation, development, maintenance and administration and familiar with hardware installation, operation and maintenance.
• To enable students to acquire the theoretical and practical skills needed to be globally competitive Information Technology professional.
• To enable students to get a broad liberal education in the arts and letters, social sciences and philosophy, natural science and mathematics.
• To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world.
Upon completion of this program, the students with the necessary competencies, should be able to perform the duties, responsibilities and acquired attitude relevant to the job title of:
• Applications Developer
• Database Administrator
• Database Analyst
• Network Administrator
• Network Specialist
• Network Operations Analyst
• Information Security Administrator
• Systems Analyst
• Technical Support Specialist
• Information Security Specialist
• Web Administrator/Web Master
• Web Developer
• Information Technology Instructor
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology is a four-year degree program.
Recognition This program is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and it is fully recognized internationally for further education and employment.
General Education Courses: 66 credit units
Basic ITE (Information Technology Education) Courses: 24 credit units
• Computer Fundamentals with MS Applications
• Introduction to Information Systems
• Discrete Mathematics
• Introduction to Programming (C Language)
• Computer Organization and Assembly Language
• Internet Technologies
• Data Communications & Networking 1
• ITE Professional Ethics & Values
Information Technology Professional Courses: 57 credit units
• Accounting for Non Accountants
• Computer Programming 1 (C++)
• Computer Programming 2 (JAVA)
• Object Oriented Programming
• Database Management Systems 1
• Database Management Systems 2
• Principles of Operating Systems & Its Applications
• Web Programming and Development
• System Analysis and Design
• Introduction to Software Engineering
• Multimedia Systems
• IT Practicum
• IT Capstone Project (Technopreneurship)
• Computer Installation and Configuration
• Current Trends in IT
• Network Security
• Project Management and Quality Systems